We have been to Baguio for several times now. 6 hours from Manila and very convenient to visit anytime in the year, everyone will surely find utmost reasons to make every visit awesome.
In this blog, we would love to share our travel series throughout the years and some few tips for your own planning reference.
How to get there?
There are major bus lines like Victory Liner, Genesis Transport from Pasay, Cubao and Caloocan terminals that provides direct route from Manila to Baguio. The rates are usually from 400-500 one way.
Travelling by car is recommended specially if youre into big groups. Take on the North Luzon Expressway route and drive straight to Exit 85 going to SCTEX. From SCTEX, drive straight to Tarlac and read signs until you get to McArthur highway. Pass by the other towns of Tarlac, Pangasinan until you arrive at Rosario, La Union. At the Rosario junction, you can either drive through Kennon Road or Marcos Highway.
How to get around Baguio City?
From the bus terminal, the central town is just 5 minutes walk, just look for SM Baguio and Session Road and you’ll never get lost.
There are taxi cabs all over the place that you can rent for your whole tour. Jeepneys are also available for specific destinations at a lower price.
Where to stay?
There are four locations in Baguio where you can prefer to have your accomodation:
1. Near Sm Baguio and along Session Road – Casa Vallejo, Bloomfield Hotel, Hotel 45, El Cielito Hotel Baguio, Prime Hotel, City Center Hotel and La Brea Inn.
2. Burnham Park area – Hotel Veniz, Eurotel, Paragon Hotel and Suites, Holiday Park Hotel, Dely’s Inn, Benguet Pine Inn, Baguio Holiday Villas, Baguio Burnham Suites, A Hotel Baguio.
3. Victory Liner bus terminal area – Microtel Wyndham Baguio.
4. Mines View area – Azalea Hotels and Residences Baguio, Mountain Lodge, La Casa Bianca, Hotel Elizabeth, Ridgewood Residences, C Boutique Hotel, Mines View Hotel
What to see in Baguio City?
To maximize and enjoy your stay, group the places and attractions as per common area. This will save time and costly fares in between locations. Below are the draft tours to guide your itineraries, all comes in one route that you can visit in one day tour.
1. Sight seeing tour along famous tourist spots in Baguio.
This includes Mines View Park, The Mansion, Wright Park, Baguio Botanical Garden, Teacher’s Camp and the Laperal House.
2. Pump up adventure tour at Camp John Hay and Kennon Road
This includes Bell House, Cemetery of Negativism, Tree Top Adventure, Paintball, outdoor activities at Poweplay, Technopark, Lion’s head at Kennon and Dinosaur Island.
3. Creativity and arts tour at Baguio’s countryside
This includes Tam Awan village and BenCab Museum. You can drop by Lourdes Grotto: Hundred Steps to the Sky when you are travelling from TamAwan to BenCab.
4. Exploration of central town along Session Road.
This includes major universities, cathedral, malls, markets, restaurants, Igorot Park and Burnham Park.
5. Extended tour at nearby attractions in Benguet.
You can choose either go at La Presa, Cafe in the Sky or visit Strawberry Farm in La Trinidad.
What other things to do besides the usual tour?
If you are not the walking-all-day kind of person, you can try doing this things as well:
1. Spend a night and enjoy drinking at Nevada Square.
2. Fill up your tummies and do the food trip either at Ketchup Community, Session Road and food yard alongside Teacher’s Camp.
3. Splurge in shopping at Baguio’s night market. The prices are really affordable!
4. Watch a movie at Baguio’s Cinematheque and buy book souvenirs.
5. Catch the Panagbenga Festival during February and be part of it!
Baguio City definitely shows all the reason to come back and fall in love over and over again. ❤